Many patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) do not have their disease adequately controlled, and only a minority achieve consistent remission. A team-based approach to RA care brings together the skills and knowledge of all team members, but it requires a high level of communication and cooperation. The rheumatology community recognizes the value of patient-provider shared decision making (SDM), but it does not happen routinely.
- October 24, 2018, Chicago, Illinois
- 90-minute, interactive live workshop
- Concise didactic presentations, SDM demonstration and role play, interaction using iPads®, patient engagement practice strategy exercise, and decision aid
- Multi-professional faculty panel discussion
- Delivered in conjunction with the 2018 American College of Rheumatology/Association of Rheumatology Health Professionals Annual Meeting
Increase the ability of rheumatologists to provide patient-centered
care to patients with RA that addresses patient needs, is consistent with clinical practice guidelines, and leads to optimal therapeutic outcomes.